HP SmartCalc 300s Calculator, Scientific Calculators for Math and Science Students
Math and science students will appreciate the logical, accurate, and dependable HP SmartCalc 300s calculator. Besides showing the result, the impressive Textbook Format Display (TFD) shows the math expression onscreen, just like it would appear on paper. Use the intuitive navigation pad to move around within an expression to change it and watch the result. With 249 built-in functions, students can solve an abundance of math problems from basic to complex.
- Enter and see expressions as you would on paper
- Easily edit previous expressions
- 249 functions, to help solve your math problems from basic to complex
- Great for trigonometry, statistics and advanced mathematics
- Use the intuitive navigation pad to move around within the expression
- Smart and intuitive layout for easy learning
- Math functions - Sign change, +, /, -, x, =, square root, %, fractions, mixed numerals, fraction to decimal conversion, sexagesimal (degree, minute, second), variables (A, B, C, D, X, Y), trigonomic, inverse trigonometric, exponential, logarithmic, powers, factorial (!), absolute value (Abs), random number, rounding, polar-rectangular conversions, permutation and combination
- Added features - Navigation pad, memory calculations, snap-on protective cover
- HP’s legendary heritage of accuracy and reliability
User: Alan McC
User Rating: ★★★★★
This great little scientific calculator is built to last. And what makes it stand out is not just its' ability to handle fractions, but square roots as well. As an example, taking the COS of 30 degrees gives Root 3 over 2, one of the properties your Trigonometry professor wants you to MEMORIZE! You could not possibly expect a thirteen dollar calculator to be more, or do more, than this wonder from HP. It runs from solar cells unless there isn't enough light, in which case it seamlessly draws from internal batteries. This is my second purchase - I made the mistake of loaning mine to a girl in my Trig class last semester, and I never got it back! So buy one, and don't loan it out!
User Rating: ★★★★
This is a great calculator! This is the second one my son has had and he loves it! Someone stole his first one at school so that is why we had to purchase another one. Amazon was the only place I could find it! Even HP was out of stock!!!!
User: Edward A. Belcher
User Rating: ★★★
I bought this calculator because it was an HP, and because it was really inexpensive. I had read alot of reviews of so-called "easily missed keystrokes" and such, and I wanted to see for myself. This really does happen quite a bit, and it seems to be that the calculator sort of hangs for a moment when you are entering a formula, and if you don't check your work every so often to make sure that all the data is there, you will make mistakes. I used it to check a formula that I have used a million times, and even with inputting quantities that I already knew the output of, it gave me the wrong answer. Not because of a glich in the software, but a "hang" when you are inputting the data itself. I really like the way it looks and feels, but, I don't think it will get used when I really don't have the time to check and recheck for silly missed inputs. I have other (and much more expensive) HP calculators, and I have NEVER had this problem with them. If you are looking to get a reliable calculator on the cheap, I would have to say give this one a pass. A Texas Instruments Ti30XS Multiview or a Casio Fx-115es Plus will only cost a few more dollars than this one, and will outperform it.
User: Ashley Dean
User Rating: ★★★★★
Overall does the job! Took me a while and a lot of "playing around" to figure out how to turn the fractional answer into a decimated answer.