Ti-84 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies
by Jeff McCalla (Author), C. C. Edwards (Author)
Jeff McCalla is a mathematics teacher at St. Mary's Episcopal School in Memphis, TN. He cofounded the TI-Nspire SuperUser group, and received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Science & Mathematics Teaching.
C.C. Edwards is an educator who has presented numerous workshops on using TI calculators.
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: For Dummies; 2 edition (June 17, 2013)
TI-84 Plus Graphic Calculator For Dummies, Cover the Latest Updates to the TI-84 Plus Calculators
The perfect solution for getting comfortable with the new line of TI-84 calculators. Get up-to-speed on the functionality of your TI-84 Plus calculator
Completely revised to cover the latest updates to the TI-84 Plus calculators, this bestselling guide will help you become the most savvy TI-84 Plus user in the classroom! Exploring the standard device, the updated device with USB plug and upgraded memory (the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition), and the upcoming color screen device, this book provides you with clear, understandable coverage of the TI-84's updated operating system.
- Details the new apps that are available for download to the calculator via the USB cable
- Walks you through menus and basic arithmetic
- Addresses graphing and analyzing functions as well as probability and statistics functions
- Explains how to use the calculator for geometry
- Reviews communicating with PCs and other calculators
Learn to graph scatter plots, analyze statistical data, and even write calculator programs
- Work with all three calculators in the TI-84 Plus family
- Use functions for basic arithmetic, graphing and analysis, geometry, and probability
- Develop essential skills for the classroom
- Enable your calculator to communicate with your PC
That TI-84 graphing calculator in your hand is one amazing device. This book will help you unlock all the magic, so you'll be able to use your TI-84 Plus for much more than basic math. Learn to enter and evaluate complex numbers, analyze functions, graph polar equations and sequences, calculate mortgages, share calculator files with your PC, and more.
- Meet your TI-84 Plus - get acquainted with the keypad, Home screen, menus, and mode settings
- Master math essentials - use your calculator for basic arithmetic functions, work with fractions, and solve equations
- Tackle complex problems - work with complex numbers and matrices and use the Math, Angle, and Test menus
- The graph factor - graph functions, inequalities, parametric equations, polar equations, and sequences
- Oh, the probability - explore probability, work with statistical data, and conduct statistical data analysis
- Mortgages are interesting - use the TVM Solver to calculate mortgages, loans, and compound interest
- Bright spots - import a photo to use as the background of a graph
- Plays well with others - transfer files among different calculators and to your PC
Open the book and find:
- Tips on dealing with fractions
- How to use the Equation Solver
- Ways to display complex results
- Graph formatting tips
- How to solve equations by graphing
- When to use the binomial theorem
- What you can do with TI Connect
- Suggestions for managing memory
By Lanny Marcus
Helped my daughter use her TI-84 Plus CE, with her Algebra 1 course from TTUISD. My daughter needed a TI-84 Plus graphing calculator, for the TTUISD Algebra 1 course. I bought a TI-84 Plus CE (the latest model) for her instead. I purchased this book, from an Amazon Marketplace Seller, hoping that it would help her, if there are differences between what her course shows, for the TI-84 Plus, and her TI-84 Plus CE. Also, I purchased it hoping that it would help her learn how to use the full power of the TI-84 Plus CE, for Algebra 1 and for future Math courses. This morning, she told me, "You were correct to buy that book for me!" She began the Algebra 1 course, 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Great book for the graphing calculator! This is the best source I have seen that covers all operations and functions of the calculator. I went chapter by chapter along with a trig book and calculus book for examples and I understand the calculator now better than just hunting functions without any guidelines.
By Charlotte Ahrens
Helped my ACT score. I think "for dummies" is patronizing and have avoided them for the decade and a half they've been dubbing... But this is the only TI-84 help book I found and am so thankful I relented and read as much as I could of it before the ACT test. I scored high and am thankful for this supplemental book.
this book is good to have. If you are a student who will be taking a lot of exams especially in math, this book is good to have. Since most schools will let you use a TI-84 this is a nice resource to have instead of having to search the net for help w/ the calculator. I would recommend this mainly for people who have the TI 84 Plus CE.
Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator
TI-84 Plus graphing calculator, ideal for math & science, features more than a dozen preloaded apps including functionality that encourages exploration of interactive geometry, inequality graphing, & real-world data collection and analysis.
Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator
Perform complex calculations in seconds, visualize concepts clearly and make faster, stronger connections between equations, data, and graphs in full color, approved for use in ACT, SAT, PSAT/NMSQT or AP exams.
Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition Graphing Calculator
Enhanced with high resolution and full-color capabilities, captivating color and optimal display to visualize concepts clearly and make faster, stronger connections between equations, data, and graphs.