TI-Nspire For Dummies
by Jeff McCalla (Author), Steve Ouellette (Author)
Jeff McCalla teaches Algebra 2 and Pre-Calculus at St. Mary's Episcopal School in Memphis. He is a T3 instructor for Texas Instruments and co- founder of the TI-Nspire SuperUser group.
Steve Ouellette wrote the first edition of TI-Nspire For Dummies as well as CliffsNotes Guide to TI-Nspire.
Paperback: 392 pages
Publisher: For Dummies; 2 edition (June 7, 2011)
The updated guide to the newest TI-Nspire graphing calculator from Texas Instruments
The TI-Nspire graphing calculator is popular among high school and college students as a valuable tool for calculus, AP calculus, and college-level algebra courses. Its use is allowed on the major college entrance exams. This book is a nuts-and-bolts guide to working with the TI-Nspire, providing everything you need to get up and running and helping you get the most out of this high-powered math tool.
- Texas Instruments’ TI-Nspire graphing calculator is perfect for high school and college students in advanced algebra and calculus classes as well as students taking the SAT, PSAT, and ACT exams
- This fully updated guide covers all enhancements to the TI-Nspire, including the touchpad and the updated software that can be purchased along with the device
- Shows how to get maximum value from this versatile math tool
With updated screenshots and examples, TI-Nspire For Dummies provides practical, hands-on instruction to help students make the most of this revolutionary graphing calculator.
Your TI-Nspire has had a makeover! Learn to use all its amazing, updated features.
Your TI-Nspire is simply one of the most fantastic math tools in existence. Now with color, touchpad control, and other upgrades, it has even more to offer! Whether you're a student or a teacher, this book will help you take advantage of every TI-Nspire feature. Learn TI-Nspire language, explore the software, and start solving problems today.
- Learn how it thinks - understand the philosophy behind the TI-Nspire and set up your device
- Calculate stuff - learn to use the Calculator application, entering and evaluating expressions and working with variables
- Get graphic - create a wide variety of graphs for visual representation, including 3D and differential equations
- The object is geometric - use the Geometry application to construct and measure objects
- Make a list - organize, analyze, and display your data with the Lists & Spreadsheet application
- Statistically speaking - work with the Data & Statistics application to manipulate single- and two-variable data
- Note that - customize documents for greater understanding using the Notes application
- Check out the software - see how to get TI-Nspire software for your computer, and why you should
- Use all features of the new touchpad
- View graphical, algebraic, numeric, geometric, and written formats
- See and make connections among multiple representations at once
- Explore the new TI-Nspire CX full-color display
Open the book and find:
- How to move and grab an object
- How multiple representations aid learning
- The keypad zones and how to use them
- Guidelines for conducting data collection experiments
- Tips for using CAS tools
- Hints for troubleshooting common problems
- Ten terrific shortcuts
- Special information for teachers
By K. Bond
Good to Get Started. Some good information in here on working with the TI-Nspire. I only have two problems with it: (1) The print, especially when giving screen shots or key shots, is extremely small. (2) At first it's easy to follow the steps as every step is given, but as you work through the book you start getting "see chapter x" instructions on some steps. I'd really like to see each step fully given without having to look things up.
Biggest and best help for a 70+ year old trying to learn 2015 new technology, but they use tgese in all the math classes at the HS. And I like to tutor the students, so I had to learn it. Clear and concise directions but could use additional listings in Index. I still have some things I can't figure out.
By Gregory A. Corbolotti
I was surprised at the small physical size of this book. It has below-average quality graphics, including very small images of the some keys and icons. I literally had to get a magnifying glass to use the book.
By Niles W. Keeran
Very Well Involved. A basic to intermediate introduction to the TI Napier calculator for beginners and novices.
A revised version and addendums could be
provided in the future.
Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CX Graphing Calculator
Increase productivity with TI-Nspire CX graphing calculator that provides algebraic capability to symbolically solve equations, factor & expand variable expressions, complete the square, find antiderivatives & exact solutions in irrational forms.
Texas Instruments Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
Featured a Computerized Algebra System (CAS) that enables a deeper understanding of abstract concepts in math and science, making this calculator ideal for professionals or academics who deal in abstract physics or other sciences.
Texas Instruments TI-NSpire Math and Science Handheld Graphing Calculator
TI-Nspire makes the most advanced mathematic calculations & graphing functions simple with an easy-glide touchpad plus innovative capabilities encourage students to explore math & science for greater conceptual understanding.